Saturday, April 13, 2013

Winter and Spring, Ups and Downs

We're just back from warm North Carolina, where the dogwoods are
blooming, the fruit trees promise abundance, and pale green graces
forests and woods. Back to Colorado, where it snows a foot one day
and the next tulips and daffodils pop up in lonely gardens. My own
feelings can't keep up with the changes! One week I'm with my
wonderfully smart Asperger's grandson, Michael, in NC, laughing and
being amazed by his creativity and imagination, the next I'm back
where laundry and cooking and responsibilities consume my time. I'm
as up and down and as high and low as the weather. Michael at 10 just
learned (from me with his mother's permission) that there's no Easter
Bunny, no Santa and now he's wondering about God. "You can believe
that myth if you want to," he told me. My heart is broken. "Why did
you lie to me for so long?" Why did we? Will he ever be able to
trust us? But as the spring promises hope, I claim hope too, for our
children and grandchildren to find the Truth that can make them free
and wisdom to be able to have confidence in us again. Blessings,
faithful readers. (The website will be available in the next week or
two, and the book soon. I promise!) Judy

1 comment:

  1. Who says there's no Santa? He still comes to my house every year. And, if it makes you feel any better, my teenager says he's a Physicist. As in, "No, I'm not a Christian, I'm a Physicist." I'm taking it all in stride!! xoxo, Other Julie

    ReplyDelete