Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Southern Adventure

Judy and Don are still following their hiker son along the Colorado Trail.  Not to be outdone, Richard and I flew east to heat and humidity and new sights.  Here is a photo montage for you:

First, view our two dear granddaughters in North Carolina,


 eating ice cream with their parents at a Brevard Music Center concert on the lawn.


 I must always visit the magical fairyland of the Biltmore,


where even the insects pose.


Then on we drove to Atlanta where the purple and red and pink and white crepe myrtle blooms all summer,


 strange things happen to flora at the  Botanical Gardens,


and a Colorado Springs artist Dale Chihuly contributes his glass sculpture to the fountain (he has no idea we snuck in as well). At least Richard says it's Dale's work.  If I've led you on, I apologize!




We finished with a sobering time at the Martin Luther King exhibit.  This is where he was born. Don't miss the Ebenezer Baptist Church and the history center just across the street.
I've heard that a picture is worth 1000 words...much easier on the eye than multitudinous print, I think.  Enjoy, yuall!

No comments:

Post a Comment