Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Slow Down, Nellie!

I was reading in my Intimacy with God devotional book by Joni
Eareckson Tada this morning. She says we must listen for God to speak
to us...not audibly, but through impressions, convictions, directions,
affirmations. I try to take things into my own hands too fast, I
fear. I pray and go! Julie and I have given God this book to use
however He chooses. But after almost a hundred books sold already,
I'm eager for more! Maybe too eager. I need to slow down and
listen. Our Journey of Letters took the life experiences of seventy
years, our continuing journey will take several years more. The horse
is running too fast to the barn! Slow down, Nellie and enjoy the
ride. What a wonderful adventure in faith!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to slow down when I settle in my praying chair. Almost always my mind hurries sideways anyway. I need some lessons from the Desert Fathers. But not the whole desert experience, thank you. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks, Judy, for the reminder. Julie

    ReplyDelete