Friday, October 26, 2012

Warmy Bags, Wonder Wallets and Quilts


Here we are in the second phase of the editing process and I feel a desperation, a panic, an urgency to accomplish more and more before time runs out!  My time, that is.  Reflecting on the fact that I'll be 70 next year may have something to do with this frenzied tizzy.  That and the fact that I was talking with my beautiful 94 year old friend, Rose, the other day.  Her sight is failing so she can't read much and her fingers don't work to crochet the hundreds of afghans she once did.   She is now the lonely shut-in she used to visit, often praying as the Psalmist did for 'wings like a dove, to fly away and be at rest'.  

So aside from editing days with Julie, I've entered a Christmas craft fair...madly making warmy bags, wonder wallets and quilts.  I'm trying to keep busy, for I know there will come a time when I may feel like Rose.  What courage it takes to age!  My elderly aunt had this written in her Bible:  Yesterday is a memory.  Tomorrow is a dream.  Today is a gift.  That's why it's called the present.  Lots to learn from these old folks.  Guess I'm an old folk, too.  Hope someone learns something from me someday.  A Journey of Letters is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment